The recipe for this week is another that was a childhood favorite and continues to be a favorite today. I notice sometimes when I make a recently discovered recipe too often, I get bored with it after awhile. It probably has to do with the fact that I get in a rut and will make the same recipe over and over again in such a such a short period of time, but that’s besides the point. I’m sure it isn’t just me but for many of you, at least I hope. This recipe however is one that never gets old to me. It goes along with pasta dishes, chicken, fish, or even for a BBQ.
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread (I used Italian this time)
- ½ stick butter (melted)
- Lawry’s garlic salt
- Kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese (found in the non-refrigerated section)
- Preheat oven on the broil setting.
- Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise if not pre-sliced.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl until completely melted.
- Pour the butter over the bread and use a knife to spread; make sure that you get the butter all the way to the edges or else they will start to burn quickly in the oven.
- Sprinkle garlic salt over the top along with the parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven until lightly golden brown; you can also prepare in the BBQ for a slightly smokey flavor.
Because you are using the broiler, keep a close eye on it! It will be done in a short amount of time and I don’t want anyone setting off any smoke alarms. I hope you enjoy the buttery goodness of the garlic bread and feel free to tag Kimes Ranch Apparel in your pictures!
June 6, 2017
Leave a comment