There are three foods that are a major weakness for me – always have been and always will. I think I could survive on bread, potatoes and fresh fruit alone. The great thing about potatoes is there are so many recipes available to add a little flavor to them.
Growing up, our go to recipe was cheesy ranch mashed potatoes or the potatoes in a stew or something along those lines. We got in a bit of a rut in that regard. Some of you might be in that position with your everyday lives. Hopefully this recipe will inspire you to switch it up a little.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 lemon, zest
- 3 lbs. baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil a large pot of water; place potatoes in water for 5 minutes or until slightly soft; remove from water and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and rosemary; mix thoroughly.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and evenly spread the potato mixture.
- Once in the oven, make sure to stir the potatoes every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove once soft and golden brown.
I have a feeling that you wont have many leftovers when you make this! When I do, they usually don’t last more than 24 hours.
July 11, 2017