It’s the night before a big event and you’re looking through your closet for the perfect outfit, but all of a sudden you realize you have no starched jeans. But it’s not too late! Don’t settle for the unstarched jeans. Here are a couple tips to help you get those perfectly starched jeans at home!
· Make your own starch. Mix 1 cup of water with 1-2 tablespoons of corn starch in a spray bottle. Making your own starch will allow you to get the heavy starched look you get from the cleaners as most store bought starches are watered down.
· To avoid starch flakes place a pillowcase between your clothes and the iron.
· Spray both the inside and outside of the jeans. The stiffer the better.
· When folding the jeans align the seams on each leg to where they are touching allowing the crease to form in the front and center of your leg.
· Allow the jeans to dry before hanging them up by laying them flat on your ironing board with the seams aligned. If you’re crunched for time just go ahead and put them on wet.
Mix together 2 ½ cups of water with 1 ½ tbsp. of cornstarch in a saucespan. Stir until there are no lumps. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 minutes then let cool down to room temperature and pour in to spray bottle.
Colby ‘Jane Hall