Spice up any regular BBQ dish with this simple and homemade BBQ sauce. It only takes a few minutes to mix this sauce up, and you can spice it up or sweeten it up to taste!
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. of yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops of liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar – add more if you like a sweeter sauce
- 2-3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder (I use hot) – add more if you like a spicier sauce
- 1 onion minced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. of butter
Over medium heat, melt butter and cook onion on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in garlic and cook another minute or so. Be careful not to burn.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.
Remove from heat and transfer into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.